This job post is more than 31 days old and may no longer be valid.
The St. Regis Singapore
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.
All successful applicants will be able to look forward to countless opportunities for career development internationally.
Product & Services
Bask in the tropical summer at the heart of the shopping and embassy district at The St. Regis Singapore. A pinnacle of luxury hospitality, be pampered by the legendary St. Regis Butler Service at one of the best Singapore hotels Orchard Road has to offer. Reside at the perfect address, providing respite from the lively Orchard Road dining and shopping scene. Enter a world of rejuvenation at the award-winning Remède Spa, indulging in acclaimed signature treatments like the Warm Jade Stone Massage.
Gourmet moments unfold as our team of accomplished masterchefs from Michelin-Star restaurants present you the unparalleled dining experiences. French restaurant Brasserie Les Saveurs, Cantonese restaurant Yan Ting and Italian restaurant LaBrezza will captivate gastronomes with authentic world-class European and Asian cuisine. Be it a casual lunch or fine-dining dinner, a decadent Sunday Champagne Brunch or family-style Dim Sum, our award-winning restaurants will delight young and old alike.
The epitome of luxurious hospitality, The St. Regis Singapore invites you to join us on an exciting and fulfilling career journey, complete with an inclusive working culture, thrilling rewards, flexible work schedules and stimulating opportunities.
Join our Best Team and make us a part of your career legacy today.
Reporting to the Director of F&B, the incumbent will be responsible for beverage operations and staff on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include beverage service in the Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with promoting the lounge, menu planning, maintains standards, assists servers on the floor during peak periods and manages property liquor inventories and controls. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations professionally and consistently. Determines training needed to accomplish goals and implements training plan. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Beverage Operations
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
• Manages in compliance with all applicable beverage and liquor laws.
• Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
• Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures compliance with all beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
• Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
Leading Beverage Team
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates critical information to the beverage staff regarding each event.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.